Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What about Web 2.0 ?

I heard about this 'thing' called Web 2.0, defined by Wikipedia as "web applications that facilitate participatory information sharing, interoperability, user-centered design." I once signed up at a website called Classroom 2.0, and one of their sponsors is a provider called Collaborize Classroom.

Although I have not yet signed up for their 'free' service, I am intrigued by some of the features that they advertise. Could this, perhaps, be one of the items which can be added to the functionality of blogging at SBP? Time will tell, as I investigate more about this type of Web 2.0 application.

From what I can tell, it's not a wiki; it is more of an online discussion board. To add variety to some blogging assignments, would it be possible to use Collaborize Classroom to facilitate discussion?

1 comment:

  1. We will let you know how the experiment with Collaborize Classroom goes. In the meantime, write that Teacher's Guide!

    ReplyDelete